Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Take my problems to the Dance floor

Fun for me use to be going dancing at least once a week.

"I take my problems to the dance floor"!

I'd go on stay-cations with friends to towns close by with ice cream factories, watering holes, beaches and Historic castles. Now, my fun consists of walking across central park or finding my favorite tv show online for free.

There is little excitement in crossing the park every week no matter how stress releasing it is. I am on the hunt to re-discover what I enjoy. I am making a list of activities (healthy) that are free around the tri-state area and those that may cost a paycheck or two. The purpose is to balance my life and my thoughts with happy, joy, fun, smile educing activities that will create positive memories and experiences.

To much of my life has been spent thinking and , dwelling on the negative. I've spent days obsessing on what's wrong and how I was ill effected by it. I've gotten so use to living this way that when something like a play of mine wins a contest my happiness last for about five minutes then I'm back to thoughts what is wrong with my life.

Now that I'm aware of this, I choose now to actively do things everyday, and every week that focus on the good. I am setting aside one to two hours a day to celebrate life, re-training myself to live in the joy and experience that so eventually that is the place I can go to when my mind falls into the negative abyss.
Now I'm off to Therapy with friends visiting from Switzerland!!!!
Love&Peace!!

No comments:

Post a Comment