Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Getting it Done

Today July 8th 2009. I began the day with a home made smoothie, went to the gym and realized I had a couple hours left to write a play. I'm proud to say with one hour and fifteen minutes to spare I "Got it Done". But I still wonder with only eight pages to write how it could have taken all day.

Any other day I would wake up starring at the clock thinking of reasons I can't work out. I.e., my back hurts, I have to raise money for my play or I should write something new for my blog, but today those things I try not to put off were easy to accomplish because I had to write a play today. The fact that I was facing this deadline made it harder for me to sit and complete. And eight pages of dialogue isn't asking for much.

Knowing from past experience how daunting the pressure of deadlines are I canceled everything else I had scheduled and anything else that had stress and incorporated stress relievers like the gym and smoothies. These things helped me let some of that stress go. I felt little pressure taking one hour to write each page.

My goal was to make myself open to inspiration with minimal distraction while at the same time allowing myslelf time to answer text and emails. to take a two mile jog and get fresh air. focusing my quality time when I sat down on that one page with out my mind exploding with thoughts of my other undone task which I remember right now. So I'm going to pick one and do my best to
"Get It Done"

Peace & Love!
Shareef

No comments:

Post a Comment