Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Winter

I woke up today freezing in my sheets wondering where did that man go that was suppose to keep me warm at night. I mean I'm paying him enough the least he could do is turn the heat on before he leaves. (kidding.)

In my life growing up gay and living through November through January was and still proves to be the toughest time of the year to go through. It's a time that is all about togetherness and family. A time when love is spread through out the world. But when you grow up being shunned for what you are and going through fights with lovers because they too are not use to being cared for at this time of the year, it can make it hard to know what to do with yourself other than random sex and drug use or escaping through television.

This year I challenge you to call your family, every family member you ever cared about and say hi, I miss you, I love you, and happy holidays. I plan to do this to create new memories and new emotions to go with this holiday season and the ones to come.

That man that's suppose to keep me warm has never existed for for me unless I count myself. And really that 's all I have to count on. So turn on the heat and the love and have a warm happy holiday season.
I gotta make some calls!

No comments:

Post a Comment